Thursday, November 19, 2009

Am I that old?


Yesterday I took my first born to get his temps.  I remember going to take my test and it wasn't that long ago.....how does that work?  The testing site was quite interesting.  Seemed more like a Dr's waiting room to me; and not the General Practicioner's office either, if you know what I mean ladies!  Just about all the seats were taken by very somber looking people.  No one talking to anyone else.  Occasionally a few whispers here and there as if they would get in trouble for speaking.  Then there was a family that came in and didn't hesitate to yell at and belittle their small child who was bored beyond words, I'm sure.  Every time he moved a chair - which made noise, he would get yelled at that he was going to get his little butt beat.  I believe I prefer the somber, quiet crowd.

Being a tester would be a fun job, I think.  Life threatening, but fun.  My dad would actually be really good at it.  He likes to tease people.....calls everybody George.  They need somebody in there that can loosen up these poor teenagers. 

After a good 20 minute wait with a 3 year old, Dennison came out....no smiles, no thumbs up, just came out.  I did get a slight nod from him as we walked next door to process the temps.  On a side note, they do not take credit cards, which is all I had apart from $11 so we have to go back today with cash or check.  Dennison wasn't real happy that he couldn't get the actual temporary license.  Oops!

Really wished I had my Nikon with me. The cell phone had to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

NeoCounter 2