Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Color Guard


I had the great pleasure of capturing one of my best friend's daughter in her color guard uniform this weekend.  Megan is a beautiful teenager and very photogenic.  Our original plan was to do the shoot on the football field, where she performs, and were promised mild temps, winds at 6mph and partly sunny conditions.  WRONG!  It was freezing!  Literally freezing out.  32 degrees at 1:30pm, very foggy and windy.  We made it onto the field and decided to quickly try to get in the school at any cost.  Luckily for us and the school, they had their doors open.  I'm still learning with indoor photography (outdoor too, but hey, nobody's perfect).  It's not real easy, especially when the school only has it's emergency lights on.  We found a staircase that is surrounded by windows and did a lot of shots there, but still shot in the darkened hallway too.  I think we are all happy with what we got considering it wasn't our original plan.  Here are some of the shots.  Thanks for asking me, Steph!  I always like hanging with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

NeoCounter 2