Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Third time's a charm....???

My 3rd senior session and yes, it's a boy.  :)  Can't live with them, can't live without them, right?

I was quite nervous with this shoot.  I had never met Michael or his mother before we met in McDonald's parking lot last Friday night.  She had mentioned, via email, that he would rather eat dirt than have his picture taken.  That is pretty much the consensus with boys and pictures and I wasn't feeling especially creative that day.  Thankfully, it rained and wasn't 94 like it was for the last senior.

Michael is a super kid.  He didn't seem to mind at all during the entire shoot.  It didn't ever seem at any one point that he was "done".  His mother thinks he was secretly enjoying himself.  LOL  I wouldn't go that far, but he really was cooperative and relaxed.  They also had me at Elder.  I'm a westsider and have never been to the purple planet before.  I found it fascinating - the purple flowers, purple bushes, purple trash cans, doors, stairs, etc.  Not sure where the purple comes from or why purple was chosen for an all boy high school, anybody know?

So, I think if I am asked to photograph another senior boy, maybe - just maybe - I won't be as nervous.  :)

Thanks for checking in....

2 comments:

  1. um fantastic! so many elements. steel and cement. gritty and good. Composition is wonderful. Proud and dignified look to it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted something different for Michael's Senior pictures. My older daughter had hers done at a studio and although they were good, the looked like everyone elses. I was told about Kim from a mutual friend of ours. We emailed several times before finally getting together for the shoot. I think Kim did a great job and Michael did enjoy himself. I was very happy with the pictures. We got them back quickly as well. I told my sister about her and Kim just did my niece Jordan's pictures on Sunday. I cannot wait to see those as well. Thanks Kim!!

    Michele (Michael's mom)

    ReplyDelete

NeoCounter 2